Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Windy Day


And so this day comes.

For a good number of reasons, I have been quite looking forward for today to come. They're not the usual, I'm-getting-my-pay days, or even the monthly special day couples always look forward to (well, most couples). And yeah, even if they were I wouldn't be sitting in front of this gadget typing down this blog.

For everything that's happened in the past month, and perhaps including the past year, I value this day because it's the first Sunday of the summer season, and I'll be spending it attending the Kabataan Partylist Regional Assembly over at Day-as Gymnasium. It'll be a venue where members of Kabataan will be treated to bands and performances, as well as be informed about the current campaign of Kabataan. FYI, KP Secretary-General Vencer Crisostomo will be on hand, so this event won't lack starpower. I really hope people get to enjoy the event - as much as the effort put in to organize this event, it'll be a pleasant sight to see everyone having a good time.

Aside from that though, another reason for me looking forward to this day is because Algeanne Sun Paclijan will be coming back to Cebu! We last saw each other around December during the Christmas break, and today she'll be back home with us for a time. These people are the reason why I will always look forward to breaks and vacations - time spent with them will more than make up for all the stress accumulated throughout the school year.

Staying at home has never been this relaxing, and personally I can't remember a time similar to this I'm in right now. Perhaps going through one whole school year doing what I did does that to people. I mean, things are either behaving differently, or I'm looking at them in a better way than I used to. First up would be how I handle chores in the household. Back then, they were what they literally said - a chore. But now, oftentimes its me that looks for things to fix or rooms to clean. Secondly, I don't feel too much weighted anxiety whenever something insignificant happens, like a simple text or received e-mail. Right now, there's this sense of security I'm enjoying so much that I have so much confidence that things are and will be alright, and if they aren't then they eventually will. Foremost of these is the fact that there's this girl I feel I've really fallen for, yet due to certain circumstances I am unallowed to be anything more than what we are right now. I enjoy her company a lot, and being with her just eases a lot of the burdens I am carrying. This time it's different, because then I would have actually done something stupid that would result in a "gubot", but now I just feel like happiness doesn't have to go through all the drama that life offers. I've learned that things should be taken one step at a time, and that the best outcomes come from being able to see the obvious. You see, this time there isn't any string attached, and because of that there is no negative sense of insecurity present. Perhaps this is what I got after going through what I did - that as much as life demands things from us, we should also take some time to sit back and be able to look at life, saying "you deserve to be free".

________________________________________________
snowbear candies never meant so much to me, until now.
Buzz this
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment