Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Productivity Meter


So the blog title sounds too technical for a laid-back blog such as what you're in right now. Well, the truth is that productivity has been the theme for the day - right from waking up in the morning up until I find myself here jotting down another post, many things were, should we say, accomplished as the day progressed.

First and foremost, I'd like to give a shoutout to the weather for being good today (though a little rain wouldn't hurt). It's the cool, serene kind of weather I've learned to take solace in, and believe me, right now I need all the consolation I can get.

Boredom takes me to different places. As you may have known me to be, I'm rarely the type that stays idle for too long - which brings me to the conclusion that lazy days can be the most productive days I can have. And today might just have been one of those days. After waking up and eating breakfast with the family, I decided to take time and explore my laptop and see what I could do. 'Twas then that I noticed I had barely two weeks before my avast! Anti-virus would expire, so I made sure to take care of that first. Next up was cleaning up the registry and other useless files - mostly temporary and dump files. Get this - all the garbage files found in the system totaled to more than 3.0GB of space. That's a lot of space for dump files alone, and because of that I was able to give my laptop somehow some breathing room.

After all the maintenance was done and over with, I lulled around the system for something to do. That's when I remembered that I planned on making shirt designs for CSG and other concepts I had in mind. That's when the work started. I first started out by 'pirate'-ing brushes, fonts, and styles from cyberspace - there's really a good load of free stuff you can get from the net for Photoshop. And so without further ado, I went to work. As of this writing, I've made 3 shirt designs for CSG, one for NKE, and another for myself. I guess I'll be posting my works here soon, so stay tuned ^_^

Another good thing I achieved for today was that I found a sort of a fall-back OJT assignment, should Alliance disallow work for only the summer months. I got called up by the owner of a medical website, and told me what I needed for the OJT position. That call made me feel a lot less heavier than I have been for the past days.

This blog post shall end here, I guess. I'll be off to Alcoy tomorrow morning, my family and I will be spending the weekend over at our resthouse there. It's a serene place, so the timing of Holy Week couldn't have been any better. 'Til my next post! Ciao!

__________________________________________________
she brings me back down to earth.
Buzz this
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment