Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This Sucks

It does.

So here I am, tending our store in earnest. For the past few days, this spot has been my office slash getaway. It is here I do my projects, read electronic books, get involved in forums, and check up on new stuff around cyberspace. Not to mention the other daily routine of checking my mail and listening to my playlist in iTunes (which most of the songs there don't come from my personal downloads). Plus, this spot gives me the chance to take advantage of the lull moments of the day and get to focus on my work. This, then, serves a double purpose - because as much as being the only person tending the store for more than the usual number of working hours in a day is boring, it also allows me to devote more time to working and finishing projects and ideas.

It is a personal fault of mine that I have not been able to update this blog as much as I wanted to. You see, priorities have to be set in order for things to go smoothly, and lately I was given a big assignment that I hopefully will be able to finish soon. It gives a big bonus, plus it can give this great friend of mine, Nico, get involved as well. Speaking of him, I would like to devote this one line in this paragraph to him and give him a shout out:"thanks!" for coming over yesterday. Your presence assured me that there is still a society I will be going back to soon enough.

Going back on that assignment, there are going to be new things that will be implemented, mainly the reason for the added incentive. It's not something I'm totally a complete idiot at, but it will take some time to review, master, and implement.

Now here's the catch - I haven't had good sleep in a few days as well. At times, this concoction called Coke would be the only thing that's keeping me awake. That means that as much as I try to be aware that I am sensitive to even little trivial things, there will be times when these little things can cause my temper to overheat. I admit that I might have already mustered some resolve to keep emotions to myself - I have already been practicing it for quite a few years now. However, my status right now isn't something I want to stay in. What I just need is some rest, but as it turns out my schedule won't allow me. And besides, the stubborn side of me doesn't want to let up until everything gets exhausted to almost nothing.

Do not get me wrong though - I am enjoying what I'm doing. Even the most little of consolations in doing this would be reaping me great rewards. So as it goes, the only way to refine gold is through the fire. I just hope that I don't stay in the furnace for too long and eventually evaporate into the atmosphere (though that would be cool to do, right?). Seriously, this blog of mine has recently been of great help, because when you're playing the role of the hibernating caveman, you'd do anything just to remain sane. And part of the requirements of being sane would be some medium to let out all the emotions of a 19-year old kid.

So here I am, going on one of my rants once again. I don't expect you, my friend, to get anything productive out of this, though I still hope you would. I know I did.

_________________________________________________
Yes, I admit it - I miss you. Damn.
Buzz this
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment