Sunday, April 18, 2010

Harvesting Moons

For those of you who might have a sudden nostalgic response upon reading the title, do not worry - the game is that good that even after ten years from its release, some gamers still play it. It's one of those console titles that never gather too much dust on our shelves because it often gets played, as compared to some that one playthrough is more than enough. Yes, its really that good, and I hope I've convinced you enough that it is. Because it is.

 However, if you thought this whole post would be dedicated to convincing you of the greatness that is Harvest Moon, then you should think again. Heck, this post won't even cover any real aspect of the game, maybe except the title. And it's the title I shall begin with. Did you ever wonder what that game's title literally meant? After some careful thought - and maybe some wild, obnoxious ideas - I concluded that if you didn't have any idea, then neither did I. However, on a figurative point-of-view, I could say that I'm more than playing the video game - I'm actually living the title. Why, you ask? Simply put, my sleeping times lately have been short. I've slept late, and woke up more than an hour before anyone else in our compound opens their eyes. There are a good number of reasons for this, but it's those that could just have been disregarded if I actually valued sleep at all. Let me explain.

I've been spending most of my time on cyberspace lately. Going by the rules of probability, the more time one spends online, the higher the chances that one's status in that place increases. For the past few days, I've been scouring social networks and web forums, digitally interacting with people whose only hint of an identity is a username and a thumbnail image. As conversations come and go, I've met 'people' that I actually enjoy having conversations with. I've also come in contact with big business people that are asking me to go into a sub-contractual agreement that involves me making websites and templates. Aside from that, there's also this personal site I'm currently building, which I will be launching once I get my hands on that domain name I'm desperately going after.

You see, barely one month into the summer break, and I'm already this fulfilled. The only thing that's different from previous experiences of this kind is that I'm starving for more. Not an hour goes by that I don't read up on a tutorial, nor download an e-book and get it's gist, nor even give the theories a run and seeing what application can do to promulgate theory. Yes, the attraction it has for me is so strong that I've even entertained the thought that sleep is a waste of time. Damn you.

On the lighter side of things though, I have to tell you that I'm enjoying my time this summer. Productivity seems to be going hand in hand with fun and relaxation, and it's one of those rare times when you're letting the day carry you forward, securely knowing that you're headed to the right direction. There are things, though, that I'm still waiting for - such as the final telephone call from Alliance, and an e-mail from a contact somewhere in Europe regarding that contract. Yet these haven't really hindered me from having a smile across my face, especially when someone you sorely miss comes online and updates you on things happening in the land of the rising sun (bleh). Little things such as this make for the icing on the already-delicious cake that is my summer break so far. And I hope this continues to become a feast to be remembered through the ages. :)

______________________________________________________
there is no competition. and i'm not looking for one.
Buzz this
| More

1 comment: