Monday, May 31, 2010

On Softs and Sweets

Have you ever experienced working on something so hard, eventually finishing it, and in the end when you're supposed to celebrate, you find it hard to move just because you feel burned out? I just did.

Though to tell you the truth, this is simply something that's purely physical - the joy and excitement is still there deep in the complex networks of nerves we sometimes refer to as the brain. What I may be just pissed about is that without the recognition of such an accomplishment through (at least) a mini-celebration, things seem to be incomplete. You know, those moments where you just get to look back and shout your heart out because you did something. Or a small get-together because you know things are better that way. Then again though, it's been a staple that we rarely bake our cake and eat it too - though I've never believed in that too much. All you need is a little motivation, a bit of an inspiration, and some well-placed thought, and you can play the role of the genie in the lamp and grant your own wishes too.

A few weeks back, I was itching to get my own domain, and get another one for the school community site for a project some of my friends and I are working on. I did the research, calculated the costs, forum-hopped, and even plurked my way to getting the best possible deal out of what I had.

Then came yesterday.

In one day, and for the price of a little over a month's worth of hosting, I got two hosting accounts and two domains. Yes, I did. The first was an account I asked a friend to buy for me, because one hosting site was having a promotion which I jumped on right away. The second one was, shall we say, a blessing.

One of those sites is already up and running, being already indexed by Google in barely just a day and a half of existence. It's an online community portal for the college I go to, and I hope the team we're putting up can keep this site on track with the goals we originally meant for it. You can have a look at the soft launching over at UP Batibot, and get to read my post on the new enrollment procedures while you're there. It's really bare for now, so just check back in a few months once the site would rock your information gathering minds out.

The second one, which I am still disclosing for the moment because it's still under construction, will be a personal niche-ish blog I'm planning to run for a good while - a main site that will hopefully be a nucleus for the other projects I've lined up. I'll keep you posted on that, so I'll greatly appreciate it if you follow me.

It's been a great summer so far. And the sad part of it is that it may just end tonight. Enrollment, along with the rough experiences one goes through, will happen tomorrow. Talk about bittersweet, because I may just not be ready to face society too soon, but yet I have to admit that I do miss people. I'm also excited to meet up with a good old friend tomorrow night, too, a summer long plan we had that's going to be hopefully realized a good number of hours from now.

For a good part of my life, I've always reveled in taking the soft side of things - that way, one could just fit in whatever situation they are brought upon. But as with everything, it has disadvantages. And those disadvantages may have gone too far right now. There's a quote from a crappy movie that's been imprinted on my mind for a while now, and it simply says what simple logic can explain - if a man wants something he's never had before, he's got to do something he's never done before.

Tomorrow might just be a chance I've been longing for. Hey, you'll never know how cold the water is until you start to dip your toes into it. And when you do, someone might just be there to push you into the water with all your clothes on. Right now, the pool has been found - all I'm waiting for is that trusted friend who'd take a good laugh out of pushing me into the water.

And me learning how cold the water can really be.

__________________________________________________
beginnings have always been relative.
Buzz this
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment