Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ice

Depending on who you ask, that drink can really taste good.

There's a big chance that once you read this post's title, the first thing that pops out in your head is that alcoholic beverage that's best served cold. I'd also like to comment on the other products from that company brand - there's one that talks of years, and another one wherein you add 60 more - but then again, you can't really criticize something you haven't tasted. And no, I got no plans on doing so anytime soon.

Before you go on your train of thought and think that you'd be getting more information on the latest bars and the coolest cocktails, I might have to disappoint you. The next set of paragraphs would even be lucky to have any of those ideas being mentioned at all. Though I will assure you this - if there's an invite for a drink or two somewhere in the Cebu nightlife scene, call me and I'll be there.

Yesterday was a day gone wild. And by 'wild' I mean things spiraled out of control in the best possible way it could have. You see, as I was riding the local jeep towards the city, I didn't expect to see much of my peers. The plan was to go to school, have a sign-up form be posted for my co-eds, take care of some business-related matters, and go back home to help my mom out. I took care of my medical check-up and tuition bracketing the week before, so if you're a fellow Hugpong from UP Cebu reading this, you won't find me in the college clinic anytime soon.

A sudden vibration somewhere in my pocket opted me to grab my phone and check to see the new message that just arrived. It took a bit of time though, as you can probably relate when you yourself would be riding the local transportation. So here comes the first surprise - a friend from another college asked about where I was. It was quite a while that we hadn't seen each other, so we decided to meet up since she had a bit of an idle time too.

As I finished my business over at school and at a park, I proceeded to our supposed meet-up place and waited. Now comes the second surprise - a fellow UPian who just came from summer classes at Diliman was also there. We talked for a bit, exchanging experiences and thoughts on topics along the way. As we were sitting down though, my phone rang - again. This time, an old friend of mine from highschool - and a really good one, mind you - called me up asking about my whereabouts. When I told him I was at this mall, he reacted positively and told me he'd be on his way to where I was - and along with it, the third surprise.

If I had a choice, I'd rather not use cliches when I can, but this time is just so opportune that I'm going to go ahead and use one - But wait! There's more! As I waiting for people to come to where I was, I noticed someone just next to our table - and the familiarity was there. The first thought that came was that he was my highschool classmate who I haven't seen since..uhh, highschool. But for some reason, I was engrossed in talking that I didn't mind it at first. However, I was wrong - dead wrong. Because as the time passed away and my old friend arrived, I found to my surprise that we all had plans in meeting up. Think of it as a mini-reunion, but whatever you call it, it happened.

This wasn't the end though. Another one of my college friends and I were also communicating and decided to meet up too. At the same place where my highschool friends were, no less. Talk about reunions, and it was one great experience yesterday. What added more fun to that meet up was that my college friend brought along another classmate of ours which I hadn't seen all break. Need I say more reunions? Yes, it was that kind of day where surprises get to you, and you love every moment of it. In fact, I was smiling so much I brought them all to a pizza place to have lunch. Days like these don't come often, and it was great to spend time with people like them.

I was treated to more laughs and even more reunions after lunch. The highschool gang was just talking about the most random of stuff, and along with it more and more laughters.We even had a dilemma on what movie to actually watch, only to conclude that the movie that would come out the day after was the best possible choice. After more talks and more reunions with people that came, I decided to go home earlier than them, because of the long trip and because I had things to do at home.

Maybe we didn't have the Ice beverage with a black-and-silver label that day, but we sure did have a lot of fun. And maybe that's all we need to enjoy our time together. I'm looking forward to enrolment, where I assume more meet-ups will happen.

And oh, before I forget. As I was settling in for the night, my mom called me from the store to tell me that I had a visitor. Would you believe this was a college friend who I hadn't seen in a while too? Believe it.

_______________________________________________
interest was never a finance-only term.
Buzz this
| More

No comments:

Post a Comment